Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Breeding Superworms - Containerized / Enclosed

     For the past 3 years and so months, we have been transferring beetles from an old basin to a new basin every 15 days. The beetles are counted with each transfer. A portion of the video I uploaded in YouTube below.



I wanted this labor intensive part of counting and transferring of the beetles to become somehow effortless.

I tested with my first container enclosed beetles here...



Top view

Two hundred beetles are in there

Close up from outside


I am not satisfied with this set up. The opening is located on one corner. There were two incidents of escape. Almost half of the beetles were already outside the container. It's a good thing we have a net on top of it.


Then I tried another type.

Trying it for size

Let me show you how I made it with pictures...



I cut the bottom part. Put 4  pieces 1 inch nail and put bottle caps to act as a handle


1 inch nail glued 













     In the next post, I will be showing the advantage of this project in the breeding of your superworms.


                                       Happy Breeding!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
52 Healing Habits Program of Bro Bo Sanchez

Like Us on Facebook