Tuesday, May 1, 2012

1 Major Benefit of Breeding Superworms

Unused bedding
      One major benefits of breeding super worms come from its waste product. 
    For several years now, I have been a firm believer of the benefits of composting can give to a plant. That is why, I have have vermicomposting bins around the house. 
Composting Bin under a grafter Apple Mango 

 I started it with two kilos of African Night Crawlers (ANC). I placed in there grass cuttings, kitchen left overs, papers and what have you that can be degraded. However, I lacked one major component and that is animal manure.


Composting Bin under a grafted Apple Mango

Composting Bin under a grafted Apple Mango

Composting Bin

Composting Bin

The original ANC may have escaped because I am able to see any large size earthworms in the bin. So what I am doing is to throw whatever earthworms I see on my lawn into the bin.




Fruits
Froggy eating Super Worms
Froggy eating Super Worms

Froggy eating Super Worms
Froggy eating Super Worms

second batch of flowers

Second batch of flowers


Breeding super worms has its waste products. We have dead super worms, beetles skeletal, uneaten and dried vegetable pieces. There is also a big volume of used up bedding. 

Used bedding

Close up used bedding
Close up used bedding





The bedding as we know is a combination of rice bran, wheat bran, skim milk and fish meal. 
Close up of the used bedding
Close up of the used bedding










Fresh bedding is laid out from the start of the breeding cycle where the beetles lay their eggs. After a couple of weeks, the beetles are taken out and transferred to a fresh bedding. 




The bedding will stay there until the super worms grow out and until they are ready to be sold. 



I have been throwing these used bedding under these Yellow bell trees. I noticed that they are flowering very well and this is also at the same time.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
52 Healing Habits Program of Bro Bo Sanchez

Like Us on Facebook