Sunday, July 24, 2011

Breeding Super Worms Pinoy Style


 This is also a good source of extra income. This can be done as a sideline if you are still working. It can be made as a main source of income if you are out of work. Actually, I am thinking that this can be done by anybody who will love doing it.

I started breeding super worms with the purpose of selling them to pet shops for extra income.  However, when my Dad saw them, the first thing that came to his mind was to feed them to his Tilapias and mud fishes that he is growing out.  They are a good source for protein and being used to produce Albumen.

These breeding posts will be done real time. I will be posting as they develop so that I can post the pictures. A picture is worth a thousand words and even if I don’t write well, you get a very good idea out of it.  If you happen to drop by today, please submit your email address and come follow me.

This is how I breed my super worms Pinoy style.

1.      Get ready with your materials. In order to turn a super worm into a beetle, you will need to separate them individually.




2.      Get 2 to 3 months old super worms about 2 inches in length. The bigger the super worms the better as they will morph or change faster into a darkling beetle. The beetle will serve as your parents stock.



3.      Place one super worm into each container.



4.      Place these little containers into a bigger container. This is to prevent ants and lizards from eating them when they will be morphing inside.





5.      Put a note of the date when put them there. The approximate time for morphing is 3 to 4 weeks. However, I check them daily to see that no ants are coming into the container. Set this aside and wait.






To be continued…..   

    Don’t forget to follow by submitting your email address.
  



2 comments:

  1. thanks for the post... this is very interesting to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you @Mapawo. Feel free to back as I will be updating this blog often. I am just waiting for the beetles to lay eggs.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
52 Healing Habits Program of Bro Bo Sanchez

Like Us on Facebook