Sunday, July 17, 2011

Feeding Super Worms Pinoy style

When I started breeding super worms, I researched what they would be eating. These are what I found out:






 You will be needing a bedding. This can be rice bran, wheat bran and some oats. This will be their main protein source.
  Just like any other living things, they will need water for moisture. However, putting water into the bedding will drown these friends. I have tried this if you ask. This will cause the bedding to smell. Since my breeding area is in my kitchen area, this is unacceptable. If you will search on the net, the usual suggestions would be carrots, potatoes and apples.

I began with Carrots as this is more affordable than apples and readily available locally. I started getting them for 15 pesos per kilo. Then the price would go up. From 15 to 30, 40, 60 and even 120 per kilo. This was the time I experimented with other sort of vegetables. See below how they love them.
Squash (Kalabasa)
Carrot skin
Pineapple
Sayote

Squash
potato

Carrots
Squash
Cabbage
Pineapple



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
52 Healing Habits Program of Bro Bo Sanchez

Like Us on Facebook